Straffan House History
A palatial property, Straffan House takes its design influence from the original ‘Straffan House’ which is now the hotel at The K Club.
The original Straffan House was built in 1832 by Hugh Barton of the world famous Barton and Guestier Wines. The house was based on a magnificent château at Louveciennes not far from Versailles. Distinctly French in style, it bears all the hallmarks of a magnificent and elegant country retreat.
Meticulously constructed in 2005, Straffan House combines the architecture of a bygone era with all of the comforts and convenience of elegant, contemporary living.