Here at The K Club we recognise the importance of the environment and the impact we have on it as an organisation. As a business, we have a key responsibility to conserve the environment around us and ensure we are operating with sustainability in mind.
Our Green Policy is becoming a part of the businesses ethos, by encouraging and supporting each department to make changes that put the environment at the forefront of all our decisions.
We are working with green hospitality programmes and organisations who support us in our efforts to become more environmentally sustainable.
An important part of The K Club Strategy is the community and the role we play in it, we want to ensure that tourism makes a positive social contribution so that it benefits our community as well as our guests.
Together we have established a number of goals we will strive to achieve in order to develop a greener resort.
The K Club is committed to achieving the following Goals and Objectives for 2021/2022
- To continue best environmental practices across our entire operation
- Eliminating all single plastics in the Hotel.
- To Reduce, Reuse, Recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever possible.
- To minimise our waste, water and energy consumption where possible.
- To eliminate all paper at the front desk and and in our admin departments.
- Our takeaway cups are biodegradable.
- All used Nespresso pods are fully recycled in the hotel.
- All our bottled water in the main hotel is made of glass or eco containers, therefore are reusable & fully recyclable.
- We are donating all used soap and bathroom products to “Clean the World” Project
- In 2022 each of our bedrooms will have a recycling bin and general waste bin to encourage our guest to assist us in the separation of waste.
- The Hotel now has 4 electrical charging points for electric cars.
- Our Executive Chef, where possible, sources local produce for our restaurants.
- Eliminate all plastic packaging across the resort with all our suppliers by 2023.
- To train all staff members on our Green policy and initiatives and become part of our induction process.
- By 2024 we will convert our company’s diesel vans to electric vans
To help us assist us with our Sustainable Tourism Management, we have effective systems for monitoring and adequately managing our waste, water, and energy
Our Goal for CO2 Reduction in 2022– is 854 Tonnes Co2 eq./year
We are committed as a business and a team in taking steps to proactively reduce our impact on the environment.
We are always looking for fresh ideas to improve our green policy. Should you have any suggestions to aid us in reaching our sustainability goals please do not hesitate to contact us directly via [email protected].